Opening Village Doors Foundation is an international development 501 (c)(3) non-profit based in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a branch in Kenya. The organization was founded in 2009 on a principle; that the human spirit has potential given the opportunity to thrive.
Opening Village Doors Foundation helps people help themselves by:
- Walking alongside the poor to help them get out of poverty through entrepreneurship
- Enabling individuals to start small businesses so that they can support their families and communities and get out of poverty
- Offering start up capital starting from $150 to $2,000 combined with training and case management to individuals to start income generating projects-micro businesses
- Helping individuals have access to tools and resources available to enable them to succeed in business and in life
- Empowering individuals through training that range from business planning writing, financial literacy, group management, savings management, supply chain management and other tools that help them succeed in business and in life
- Collaborating with others to address systematic problems like health, education and poverty
At Opening Village Doors Foundation (OVDF) our objective is simple.
YOU + OVDF = Family out of Poverty
One of the primary ways in which we do this is through our micro business program as highlighted in the model below.
Our goal is to support these families to generate revenue so that they are able to support their own families, support kids with scholarship so that they may succeed in school and in life.